Wednesday, August 19, 2009

African Brownies

Life without internet... may be possible.... but life without brownies....IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

We now have both. Praise the Lord. We made brownies this weekend and they were ssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo wonderful!!! Sprinkled some nuts on them and oooohhhhh...they tasted so great!!

We had some left and I put them in two small plastic containers and the next day, one of them looked like it was moving and when I opened it... it was full of ants!! How dare them, I can't believe they don't respect my boundaries...right?!?!?!? I have threatened to call Red Wing but that doesn't scare them and they don't make house calls to Uganda. It is part of the African fun, ants, ants, everywhere, even in your pants if you are not careful. (Some of you know that story)

I have never had so many bugs on my body, until moving here. The other day, one got in my bra, not a nice thing when in public...Harry sprays in the house, outside the house, etc. and it only keeps the numbers down, if there is nothing good to access Anyway, I opened the lid to rescue the brownies, drowned what ants were in the container. I flipped and brushed others off, what I could (problem is they are almost the same color). Then what survived went into the fridge in a better, air tight container. That will chill their hineys so they can't eat tunnels into the treasure. When we take them out, I will heat them on a warm pan and they will run, run, run!!! Problem will be, they won't get far, as the pan will fry their hiney when they come out of the brownies.

I haven't adjusted to getting ant protein with my brownies. We and others laugh about protein, eating less here, but you could have all the ant protein you can handle, if you want. Then we laugh about them being our crunchies, but I drew a boundary on sharing the brownies!!!

Anyone else for some African Brownies?
by Pam Porter

No comments: